Fishery Rules and code of conduct
- All Visitors are required to abide by our health and safety documentation that is available to read either online or in the entrance to the café.
- Speed limit. Strictly 5 MPH. Please park sensibly. No driving along the bank.
- Disabled anglers may be allowed to drive along the bank, but ONLY with prior consent from the management.
- ONLY MEMBERS DOGS are allowed providing they are kept strictly under control, on a lead and any mess is clear up and taken away.
( SEE RULES FOR DOGS )
- It is important to keep well away from the anglers, as any disturbance can affect their days fishing. Anglers, fishing tackle can be extremely expensive and a broken fishing pole could cost you hundreds of pounds to replace. So please be very careful!!!!
- Please, Please don’t feed the wild life, it only causes them to become a nuisance to the anglers as they learn to believe that anyone who gets close to the bank side is there to feed them and they could become entangled in the angler’s line.
- No Fires or Barbeques. No litter, please take it away or use the recycle bins provided.
- No alcohol (unless purchased and consumed in the cafe area).
- No Picnics.
- No noisy or indecent behaviour. Please use the toilets provided in the main café building.
- ALL anglers must register at the Tackle Shop prior to fishing.
- Unless agreed otherwise, Competitions will be run as per NFA rules.
- No Landing nets or Keep nets to be used.
Landing nets will be supplied by the fishery
Keepnets will be supplied by the fishery for competitions only agreed by the management.
- No barbed hooks.
- No fixed feeders or leads.
- No excessive ground baiting or disposing of bait at the end of the day.
This can lead to poor water quality, distressed fish and poor catch rates. Any unused bait must be taken away or left with the management for proper disposal.
- No fishing from anywhere except the designated fishing positions.
Please keep away from the margins in order to protect the bank side.
- No abuse of the fish.
All fish must be returned to the water. Fish must be unhooked carefully and returned to the water as soon as possible. Swinging large fish to hand without the use of a landing net will not be tolerated. Walking along the bank with fish will not be tolerated.
- No unusual baits including, cat meat, boilies, bloodworm & Joker.
Any unusual concoctions must be cleared with the management prior to use.